I am proud of my long record of public service, as a veteran of the U.S. Navy, and as a 20 year veteran of the New York State Police. I earned my undergraduate degree at night while working as a State Trooper. I retired in June, 1981, and in November of that year I was elected to the position of Town Justice in the Town of Clifton Park. I am currently serving my eighth term as Judge. Several years after my retirement in 1981, I attended Albany Law School full time and received my law degree in 1987.
As an attendee of the National Judicial College, I am honored to have been chosen as an instructor for the semi-annual Magistrates’ In-service Training Program, which I have been teaching for the past 22 years. I am a member of the Saratoga County Magistrates Association, and have served as its president for 3 terms.
The New York State Resource Center for Local Judges is an idea I conceived in 1986, which is an important tool that Judges can use to research information on the law. This Resource Center was later adopted by the State. I was also instrumental in initiating a reciprocal compact between New York State and the Province of Quebec for enforcement of traffic citations.
I authored a “Manual for Conducting Criminal DWI Jury Trials”, which has been used extensively by New York State Judges.
- Town Justice, Town of Clifton Park, NY 1982 – Present
- Retired City Court Judge, Mechanicville, NY
- New York State Police (20 years) – retired as zone sergeant
- Law Guardian representing children in custody and visitation matters (20 years)
- New York State Magistrates certification program instructor
- General Practice of law with emphasis on Vehicle and Traffic tickets
- Authored a Manual for Conducting Criminal DWI Jury Trials, used extensively by New York State Judges.
- Albany Law School - J.D. - 1987
- Russel Sage College - B.S. - 1973
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
Member Since: 1988
- New York State Magistrates Association
Member Since: 1988
- Association of Former New York State Troopers
Member Since: 1981
- 1 Free Initial Consultation
- 2 Call 24/7
- 3 Representing Drivers Throughout Upstate New York
Fill out the contact form or call us at (518) 371-1299 or (888) 371-1299 to schedule your free initial consultation.